Friday, August 13, 2021

AECP - Irresistible Inking Techniques

Hi everyone!

Today I'm sharing two cards with you for the AECP Irresistible Inking Techniques course. I got triggered by the use of a brayer in one of the classes, which reminded me to use my gel plates more often. I love playing with gel plates, there are so many possibilities and different mediums you can use with it.

I used the gel plate to create the background for this card. I inked up the plate with Distress Oxide Inks Tumbled Glass, Mermaid Lagoon and Blueprint Sketch. I used a brayer to even out the ink and get a nice ombre blend. I put the Leaf Bed stencil on top of the inked plate and took a print of it. Then I removed the stencil and took another print for this card. The second time around you get a print of the negative of the stencil. You can easily create a bunch of backgrounds in a short time.

I used the Peaceful Reverie stamp set, it's hard to believe that every flower has only two layers. There's so much depth in these flowers! I used Cherry Blossom and Nurate's Wonders Crisp Dye Inks. The sentiment is from the Amazing Things stamp set.




This was my last card for the AECP Level 1 courses, now I will have to do a final assignment before I will start Level 2. I've had so much fun so far already and can't wait to continue!

Thank you for stopping by and enjoy your weekend!



1 comment:

  1. This looks fantastic. Love the texture that you were able to achieve! Thank you for submitting your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete