Saturday, August 7, 2021

AECP - Easy Die Cutting Techniques

Hi everyone!

I'm back today with two cards for the AECP Easy Die Cutting Techniques. For some reason die cutting is not my favorite thing to do, but I always do love the final result and I really enjoyed the videos in this course.

For my first card I used the Garden Trellis Cover Die cut out that I already made for the For The Guys course, where I only used the negative squares for my card. I ink blended a piece of 4.25" by 5.5" with Cerulean Skies Crisp Dye Inks and created an ombre effect. Then I used the cover die.


The flowers, leaves and sentiment are from the Strength Blooms stamp set and I used the Crisp Dye Inks sets Nature's Wonders and Summer Afternoon. The leaves are one layer stamps, so to give them a little more interest I used a lighter and darker color for each print.



For the second card I used a Layering Flower Die for the first time. I stayed away from them until recently, because I love stamping so much, but I have to say that I totally fell in love now! I used the Hibiscus Garden 3D set and it turns out so beautiful! I don't have a stash of all colors of card stock, so I inked white card stock pieces that I used for the die cuts. This way you get the exact colors that you want. For the leaves I used Nature's Wonders (yes, this is my absolute favorite set for leaves!) and for the flowers I used Summer Afternoon and Sugarplums.


I placed the bouquet on a piece of white card stock that I die cut with a faux stitching pattern. The sentiment is from the Layered Laurel stamp set.



Thank you for stopping by today and enjoy your weekend!



1 comment:

  1. The colours on the second card!! LOVE LOVE
    Thank you for submitting your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete