Sunday, January 2, 2022

AECP - Color Your Day

Hi everyone!

Today I'm sharing a card that I made for the AECP Color Your Day class. I loved the ombré stamping technique showed in one of the lessons, so I wanted to give that a try.

To create the background I only used the second layer from the Regal Beauty stamp set. I partially inked it with Volcano Lake Crisp Dye Ink and partially with Teal Cave Crisp Dye Ink, both from the Cerulean Skies mini cubes set, and stamped it multiple times to create an ombré background.

I stamped all layers of this flower with Cerulean Skies Crisp Dye Inks and die cut it. I did the same with the leaves of this set and Gentleman's Gray Crisp Dye Inks and created a bouquet that I added to the background. All the leaves are glued and the flower is on foam tape for some dimension.

The sentiment comes from the same stamp set. I stamped it with black ink and then heat embossed it with Crystal Clear Crisp Embossing Powder. I prefer this way over using black embossing powder, as that often gets messy. As a finishing touch I added some clear acrylic drops.



Thank you for stopping by and have a creative Sunday!




2 comments: