Thursday, October 21, 2021

AECP - Beautiful Details

Hello everyone!

Today I'm back with another card for the Altenew Educator Certification Program and this time I made a card for the course Beautiful Details. I was stunned by the water coloring talents of Marika and decided to use my Altenew water colors for this card.

I have zero talent for water coloring, let me start by saying that :-) But you have to start somewhere with a medium you need lots of practice with, so I stamped one of the leaves of the Peony Bouquet set a bunch of times, water colored the images and die cut them. I spread them all out to create the background of my card.


For the sentiment I used the Mega Greetings 2 set. I created an ombre effect with the inks of the Red Cosmos set for the big 'you'. The 'amaze me' part is white heat embossed on a black card stock die cut label.


The design of this card is completely different than what I usually do and honestly I'm not really sure if I really like it. What I do like, is that these classes are pushing me to think outside the box and get out of my comfort zone. There is another water color class in this program, so I can't wait to practice more and try new things.

While you're at the store, don't forget to check out the weekly sale with up to 45% off!!


Thank you for stopping by and enjoy your weekend!



2 comments:

  1. I love that "you"! I also use my big word dies the same way.
    Thank you for submitting your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Different card but lovely card!

    ReplyDelete