Thursday, September 30, 2021

AECP - Level 1 final assignment

Hi everyone!

It has been a while....we enjoyed a nice 3 week vacation with family, but I'm happy to be back to creating things! I finished all classes for AECP Level 1 and now it is time to share with you my final assignment for this level.

I had to create 2 sets of cards, a his and her set, and create packaging for the sets of cards as well. For the cards I need to use 3 components from Level 1 classes and use them on all cards. Also a recycle element has to be used for either the cards or the packaging.

The 3 components I chose for my cards are Layering, Irresistible Inking Techniques and Celebration Stencil Techniques. Layering was an easy choice since that is my favorite thing about Altenew stamps. I have absolutely zero drawing or painting skills and these stamps make me feel a bit of an artist if you look at what you can create with them.

I started with an inking technique that I'm currently discovering: alcohol inks on a gel plate. It is really amazing what you can create with these, so that component was an easy choice for me too. Stencils are something I use with almost anything I create. I incorporated the stencil element in the inking element and you can see in the video below how it works.

So I created a couple backgrounds with this technique and used smaller pieces of it on each card. I added layering and sentiment stamps to each card for the 3rd component. I'll mention all stamp sets I used with each card below.

Hers Cards
              
                
                 Painted Butterflies Stamp & Die set; Sentiment Strips Stamp set


                 Fresh Bloom Stamp & Die set; Super Script Stamp set
                     

                 Balloon Bunch Stamp & Die set


His Cards
                 Balloon Bunch Stamp & Die set
                  
                  
                  Doodled Triangles Stamp setSentiment Strips Stamp set


                   Painted Flowers Stamp & Die set; Perennial Beauty Stamp set; Halftone Stencil
                   
    
                   Simple Shapes Stamp setSuper Script Stamp & Die set

For the packaging I used a cut file by Lori Whitlock to create these cute card boxes. I cut the bases out of white card stock and used papers from the Altenew Enjoy the Ride collection for the decorative pieces on the boxes. I'm a hoarder of twine and ribbon, mainly collected from packages I've received. Since I had to use a recycle element for this challenge, some pieces of twine came in handy to decorate the boxes.




This challenge pulled me quite out of my comfort zone and it wasn't as easy as I thought, especially the masculine cards are something I will always struggle with. This is what I love about AECP though, I keep getting challenged. Now I can't wait to see what Level 2 will bring. 

Thank you for stopping by today and check back soon for new projects!



2 comments:

  1. These are the coolest cards EVER!! So so so different and artsy! Very cool, Danielle!! The technique is well-known but you have made it your own and the way you have used these panels is just beautiful. They are part of they design and are not overpowering the project at all.
    Thank you for submitting your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete