Monday, March 11, 2019

Mermaid Cards

Hey everyone!

Lately I've been starting to make cards. I've never really been in to it, tried many times in a scrapbooking way, but I found out that it works a lot better for me with mixed media techniques. So I've been watching a lot of online videos and got myself some more stamps, stencils and mediums.

Since I live on this little rock that attracts tourists, I decided to go with nautical themed cards that I can sell here in a local shop. The mermaid theme is pretty popular right now, so I made some mermaid ombre backgrounds with a Dylussions stencil and Vicki Boutin art crayons.

The mermaid tail stamp is from Hobby Lobby, I stamped it, cut it out, colored it with art crayons as well and attached it with foam dots to give some dimension to the card. The phrase is from the Prima Marketing Tropical stamp set and for 'Saba' I used the Elle's Studio Jane alpha stamp set.

For the next card I used a stamp from Deep Red, they have really nice detailed stamps. The phrase is from the Prima Tropical stamp set.

This seahorse stamp is also a stamp from Deep Red and the bubbles are from the 49 and Market Island Paradise collection stamp set.


Later this week I'll share some more cards I've made.
Thank you for stopping by today!


No comments:

Post a Comment