Wednesday, May 1, 2019

More Mother's Day cards

Hi everyone!

It’s a new month, so new challenges at Paper Issues! Check their Paper Issues Friends and Fans Facebook page for all the May challenges.
Today I have been playing along with the Mom challenge and made some Mother's Day cards. One stamp, three different looks! I like how you can make a stamp look so different, just by using different techniques and colors. This flower stamp is from the Mondo Sakura set from Ellen Hutson.

Recently I decided to step up my watercolor game and get a more decent watercolor set. I bought the Gansai set and started practicing with it. It is amazing how pigmented these colors are and it is absolutely a different game than the cheaper sets, but it requires some practice for sure!

For the first card I used two different blue tones and a pearlescent for the ends of the petals. I used two green tones for the leaves and a pink/red color for the small petals coming out of the flowers. For the second card I used pink, blue and yellow for the flowers and a lighter green for the leaves. For the third card I inked the stamp in rainbow colors with Distress Oxide ink, sprayed it with a bit of water and stamped it. I have done this technique before with Vicki Boutin art crayons, but I like it better this way. The oxide inks give such a beautiful print!  The sentiments are from the Best Parents stamp set from Honey Bee stamps and I added some Nuvo Crystal Drops to the cards.








No comments:

Post a Comment