Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Carta Bella - Playground at the zoo

For this layout I decided to play with watercolors in the background. I thought it would be a nice fit with these Carta Bella Hello Again papers that came with the Scraptastic August kit. I tried to create some kind of ombre effect, which is not so easy as it seems. Also because the cardstock gets bubbly quickly when you use too much water. But in the end it turned out ok.




Carta Bella Hello Again: Small Floral paper, Take Note paper, Chit Chat paper, Journaling Cards paper
Ormolu flair
Studio Calico: Sequins, Cork arrows
Dear Lizzy: Thickers Treasure
Jillibean Soup: Alphabeans Blueberry Teal
Fancy Pants Memories Captured: Label sticker
Scraptastic die cut
Watercolors

Want to play with this awesome Carta Bella collection too? You can get it with 20% off overhere at Paper Issues when you use my code DANIELLE20
 
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

15 comments:

  1. I love the color scheme and the watercolor background! So fresh and summery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you nailed the effect. I think the paper tends to flatten out when it dries. If not, just chalk it up to distressing effects?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gaaf hoor, die waterkleurtjes die je erbij gebruikt hebt! Heel mooi Lo'tje weer, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love your layout!! What watercolors do you use?? Did you use regular cardstock or watercolor paper? Thx!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the Simply Art watercolor paint cakes on regular cardstock. Just be careful to not make it too wet, but it will get a little bubbly anyway.

      Delete
  5. Love the colors! I must bring out my water colors and have a go with this! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooooo pretty, Danielle! Love your watercolor work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowwwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! LOVING the watercolors and love love love love the sequins!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! Love the watercolor effect and the pretty pastel colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes great watercolor effect. I seriously need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. try watercolor paper if you plan on using a lot of water. i love them!! love this layout, D!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great layout! Pretty color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful. I like the ombre effect very much. The top corner is especially prominent.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great background love the color and sequins :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a sweet page, Danielle!! I love the ombre look you created and the diagonal sequins are a great touch to your page!

    ReplyDelete