Thursday, August 1, 2013

DT Life.Paper.Scrapbook. - August sketch

Today we have a new layout sketch for you at Life.Paper.Scrapbook!

For some reason when there are circles involved, I seem to get a little stucked with a layout. I can easily use circle shaped embellishments, but other than that...not so much. Oh well, I took the sketch as a starting point and gave it my own twist. That's the fun part of using a sketch, you can make it your own!

I used the leftovers from my Scraptastic Rock Lobster kit, so it's a mix of many brands that go well together.
These photos were taken last week. Phiene is so very proud that she can ride a bike, even though it's still with training wheels. She's only 3 years old, so I'm really proud of her too. Overhere in The Netherlands everyone learns to ride a bike as soon as possible, it's kind of a must, like learning to walk :-)



Crate Paper Maggie Holmes: Aperature paper
Crate Paper DIY Shop: Decor paper
Crate Paper The Pier: Cardstock Stickers
Simple Stories I {heart} Summer: Daydream paper, Fundamentals Stickers, Decorative Brads
Elle's Studio Saltwater: vellum paper
Heidi Swapp Serendipity: Lovey Dovey paper
American Crafts: Aqua Sketchbook Thickers
Jenni Bowlin: Red Skinny Alpha

I hope you feel inspired by the sketch too and play along with us!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

16 comments:

  1. Love your take on the sketch!! Glad I'm not the only one who gets stuck when it comes to circles!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!! I love love love the colors, the photos, and the bike embellie!! And I am the complete opposite...I loveeeeeeee working with circles!!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch--it is so feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a fabulous job on your take of the sketch. You conquered the circle beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this on IG and liked it, it's even better on the big screen :) Great job girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. really pretty layout, love your interpretation of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love it! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great page! I love that pink brick paper for your background! Wonderful photos and congrats to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great layout! i like how you broke up the title...that would be a fun series "she can"

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous, loved your take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i LOVE this layout, this is awesome, that design is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great layout, love your take on the sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this Danielle, great take on the LPS sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun take on the Sketch, Danielle!! Love the products you mixed, and I always have trouble with circles on sketches too, but you did a fab job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. FABULOUS design!! Loving your use of pattern paper!

    ReplyDelete